How to Apply
All prospective grantees must first answer a series of questions to determine whether your organization is eligible to apply for a grant. As of January 2021, the Foundation has updated its guidelines and priorities, including instructions for museums and gardens and capital requests.
If, after reviewing this website, with particular attention to the Grant Guidelines and the Resource Center, you believe that your organization fits within the Foundation’s current funding priorities and interests, please complete the Foundation’s eligibility quiz.
All prospective grantees must first take the eligibility quiz.
If the Foundation determines from the eligibility quiz that the project request is within the Foundation’s priorities and interests, the organization will be provided with the instructions and forms required to prepare and submit a formal, online application.
- Brief description of your organization’s current circumstances (financial, programmatic, operational/administrative capacity to continue services, etc.) and how your work, staff, and constituents are being impacted by COVID-19.
- Number of unduplicated individuals served by organization annually (Please include a comparison of numbers served PRE-COVID-19 versus your current numbers served)
- Specific amount you are requesting from the Foundation
- List of current board of directors (including professional affiliations)
- Current organizational operating budget and, if available, projected organizational operating budget
- Most recent audited financials
- IRS Exemption Letter
- Funding History (a list of foundations or other non-government funders who have made significant grants to your organization within the past 24 months.)
- If applicable:
- Explanation of audit and/or pending legal action(s)