The Rose Hills Foundation supports qualified tax-exempt charitable organizations for the benefit of the people of Southern California with a current emphasis on organizations based in and serving Los Angeles County.
Preferrential attention will be given to organizations exhibiting the following positive factors:
- A history of achievement, good management, and a stable financial condition
- Programs that are self-sustaining and will not necessitate continued dependence on the Foundation
- Significant programs with the promise of making a measurable impact
- Programs where the Foundation's gift is matched or multiplied
- Programs consistent with the Foundation’s identified areas of interest
- Programs which will benefit people of Southern California
- Programs which will reach the greatest number of people at the most reasonable cost
- Organizations that allocate a high percentage of their operating expenses directly to their programs.