How to Apply
All prospective grantees must first answer a series of questions to determine whether your organization is eligible to apply for a grant. If, after reviewing this website, with particular attention to the Grant Guidelines and the Resource Center, you believe that your organization fits within the Foundation’s current funding priorities and interests, please complete the Foundation’s eligibility quiz.
If the Foundation determines from the eligibility quiz that the project request is within the Foundation’s current priorities and interests, the organization will be provided with the instructions to prepare and submit an online application via the new grants management system.
- Brief description of your organization’s current circumstances (financial, programmatic, operational/administrative capacity to continue services, etc.)
- Number of unduplicated individuals served by organization annually
- Specific amount you are requesting from the Foundation
- List of current board of directors (including professional affiliations)
- Current organizational operating budget and, if available, projected organizational operating budget
- Most recent audited financials
- Most recent IRS Form 990
- IRS Exemption Letter
- Funding History (a list of foundations or other non-government funders who have made significant grants to your organization within the past 24 months. Please indicate the year awarded and if the grant is multi-year)
- If applicable:
- Explanation of audit and/or pending legal action(s)
- If your organization provides programs and services outside of L.A. County, you MUST request funding specifically for operations or programs within L.A. County and tailor all aspects of this application to your operations and programs within L.A. County (e.g. numbers of staff, board, individuals served, budget, local funding, etc.).