The Rose Hills Foundation
In 1914, a small cemetery was developed on a hillside northwest of the rapidly expanding City of Whittier. Thereafter, an expansion program was begun that was designed to increase the size of the park as well as enhance its beauty. Over 80 years of devoted effort by the management and Directors of The Rose Hills Memorial Park transformed the small cemetery into the magnificent memorial park it is today.
The Rose Hills Foundation is a legacy of the Founders and Directors of The Rose Hills Memorial Park, which remains the largest cemetery in North America.
Pursuant to the goals of its founders, Rose Hills is a legacy to be enjoyed by future generations, not only as a beautiful memorial park, but now as a Foundation created out of proceeds of its sale.